The strategic filing of pretrial motions can be a very effective tool in a Pennsylvania DUI case. Call the Law Offices of Michelle A. Fioravanti at 484-876-1543 or contact us to discuss whether it is appropriate to file a pretrial motion in your DUI case.
Pretrial Motions for DUIs in Chester, Montgomery, Philadelphia, Delaware, Lancaster, Berks and Bucks County Pennsylvania
As the name implies, a pretrial motion is a document, filed with the court before your DUI trial, that asks the court to do something. Each DUI case is fact-sensitive, and certain areas of the DUI arrest must be closely examined:
- Were you lawfully stopped and detained by the police at a sobriety checkpoint or roadblock?
- Was there sufficient probable cause to place you under arrest for DUI?
- Were you given an improper field sobriety test or tests?
- Did you receive a PBT (Portable Breath Test) or breathalyzer?
- Were you lawfully asked to submit to chemical testing?
- Was the reported BAC of your Breath or Blood Test result or your Blood or Breath Test refusal valid?
Aggressive Defense for Your Pennsylvania DUI Case
Some examples of the types of pretrial motions that may be filed in your DUI case include:
- Motions to suppress evidence
- Motions to strike prior DUI convictions
- Motion to gain additional evidence through discovery
- Motion to gain access to the police personnel file
- Motion to split a blood sample for independent testing
- Motion to exclude anything incriminating you may have said at the time of your DUI arrest.
The best way to know if pretrial motions should be filed in your case is to make an appointment with an experienced Pennsylvania DUI lawyer. Call the Law Offices of Michelle A. Fioravanti at 484-876-1543 or contact us for a free initial consultation to learn more about pretrial motions. As your Pennsylvania DUI criminal defense lawyer, we will provide experienced and aggressive representation you can trust. Your DUI case is important, and it will receive the personal attention it deserves.